Dog Training

So, I took Bernie to Starbucks just now. He always gets a whipped cream when we come. But after I got here, I decided it was too sunny to work outside. So I decided to leave, and I began to walk back to my car.
Now, normally, when I walk to my car, Bernie will follow me. But this time he just sat there, staring at me (which is his way of telling me he doesn’t want to do something). I called him repeatedly, but he just sat there, staring at me.
I even went back to get him, but he just huddled next to a person, as though they were going to protect him from having to leave!
Now I should say that Bernie is very obedient, and he will almost always come when I call him. And even when he gives me the “stare” to tell me he doesn’t want to do something, he’ll give in after I call him a few times. But this time he wouldn’t. He just sat there, staring at me. He just really, really wanted that whipped cream, dagburnit!
Anyway, I ended up relenting and decided to stay and got him his whipped cream.
Yup. My dog definitely has me trained. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts On Growing Old

Reality, What a Concept

Internet Nakedness